Imagining my Korea Trip (Places I'd Visit and Things I'd do)

Imagining CLAIMING my Trip to South Korea. <3

This is a blog post enumerating my plans for my future trip because I'm desperate, decided and motivated like that. This is actually inspired by a friend who have recently uploaded a picture of his "dream board." And I, being the lazy and uncreative one, wanted to do something similar so the outcome is this; My "Dream Trip: South Korea Edition" 

The items in this post shall total to 16. Why? Because my target year to visit South Korea is in 2016. It would be so much better if I can visit there next year (2015) but to make it sound more possible, I'll give myself more than a year to prepare financially.

 I'll see you in 1 1/2 to 2 years (or less plssss), South Korea. May the odds always be in my favor... I can do this! 


NOTE: ALL PICTURES IN THIS POST ARE NOT MINE. IMAGES ARE LINKED TO THE OWNER.


My 8 Things To Do and 8 Places Visit in South Korea


If you're wondering, my desire to visit Korea stemmed out from seeing places of interest in dramas and from wanting to be immersed in the people, language and culture of Korea ever since I studied Korean language in 2012. Classroom learning is a lot different than experiential learning so there. 
Enjoy. :)

1. BOSEONG GREEN TEA FIELDS

IMAGE SOURCE

This green tea plantation is located in Bosong, South Jeolla Province along the Southwest coast of the Korean Peninsula. Aside from the rolling green tea fields, there are also high cedar trees lined along the entrance of the tea plantation.


2. GYEONGBOKGUNG PALACE
IMAGE SOURCE

Now listed as one of UNESCO Heritage Sites.

It was the main and the largest of the Five Grand Palaces built in the Joseon Era (1395), its name once translated to English means "Greatly Blessed by Heaven Palace"


3. GOLGULSA TEMPLE , GYEONGJU
IMAGE SOURCE

The name of this place means Stone Buddha Temple. This was built at the foot of Mt. Hamwol in the 6th century and is the only temple cave in Korea. There are originally 12 rock caves in the area but only 7 have remained standing until present. 


4. NAMI ISLAND / NAMISEOM
IMAGE SOURCE

Nami Island is a half-moon shaped island in Chuncheon, South Korea. This place was built as a result of the Cheongpyeong Dam. Mr. Minn Byeong-do, who purchased the island in 1965, was the one who cultivated the once was a desolate place into the the Namiseom we see now.


5. 63 BUILDING
IMAGE SOURCE

With 63 floors, this is Korea's tallest and most recognizable building which you can go to and see the spectacular view of Seoul, Hangang Rivers and the surrounding mountains. Sea world and Sky Deck are two other attractions in this building. 


6. FOREST 12, DAEGU
IMAGE SOURCE
 I can't find a lot of information about this place and I only learned about its existence when I watched the drama, "It's Okay, it's Love". But Forest 12 consists of four themes which are eco-healing, hands-on experience and learning, culture and arts program, and relaxation. 


7. GAMCHEON CULTURAL VILLAGE


This place is also referred to as the, "Santorini of the East" probably because of the similarities in the way these houses are also built. Located on a hill in Saha-gu, there's just so much history on how this place. From the dust of poverty and war, it has now become one of Korea's cultural offerings and unique architectural designs. 


8. GURI HANGANG PARK
IMAGE SOURCE

Go here during summer, spring or autumn so you can see the fields of Cosmos flowers in full bloom.


9. EVERLAND
IMAGE SOURCE

Aside from the 5 zones of Everland, I want to ride T Express, the 6th longest wooden roller coaster in the world and Jigu Maul, a ride which shows worldwide traditions, customs, sceneries and miniatures from more than 18 countries. 

10. SHOP AT DONGDAEMUN AND MYEONGDONG

IMAGE SOURCE

To be honest, if I include shopping in my budget, I think I'd have to move my plans two years further 'cause shopping might mean some serious dent in my budget. So, to make this more possible, rather than me wanting to go shopping... I guess, a lot of window shopping, sightseeing and food tripping are the activities I'll do when I get to Myeongdong and Dongdaemun. 

11. RIDE NAMSAN TOWER'S CABLE CAR
IMAGE SOURCE

I felt nostalgic as I was searching for this because I was reminded of Lee Min Ho. Hahaha. This was the place where Geum Jan Di and Gu Jun Pyo spent their first night together. :( It was because of BOF that I got to know this place, it was because of BOF that I started wanting to learn Korean. Min Ho oppa, can we spend a night here too??? hehe.

This cable car is connected to Seoul Tower and Mt. Namsan

12. HIKE MT. BUKHANSAN
IMAGE SOURCE

I'd love to take a picture as I stand in this mountain's granite peak. If this is a bit too much for me and my mountain climbing stamina, I'm more than glad to compromise and settle for an easier hike as long as it's in Korea. Haha

13. WATCH HAN RIVER'S BANPO BRIDGE RAINBOW SHOW
IMAGE SOURCE

Because it looks so fascinating. I'd love to spend a night just watching these colorful fountains.

14. BUNGEE JUMP AT YULDONG PARK
IMAGE SOURCE

A trip to Korea should be memorable as it is but to take it to the next level, I shall try to Bungee Jump. Conquering a fear after another. Crossing out a bucket list item one after another. 

15. MAKE A WISH/ ATTEND A MASS AT MYEONGDONG CATHEDRAL
IMAGE SOURCE

How great would it be to hear a mass done in Korean language. I know that I won't be able to understand everything the priest would say but then, it's the faith and not the language that matters. :)) I saw this church years ago when I watched the K-drama, My Girlfriend is a Gumiho and just like the Namsan Tower and Cable Car of BOF, this church has become my must-visit place in Korea. 


16. EAT AUTHENTIC KOREAN FOOD, GO TO A CAFE OR JUST ABOUT ANYTHING WITH FOOD.
IMAGE SOURCE

I was having thoughts whether or not I still should place this here since it's given that I'll be eating authentic Korean food in Korea but I don't think a trip to Korea without trying a lot of authentic food is complete. So to be specific, I'd also love to go to a Korean seafood market, eat street foods or any activity that is food related. Hehehe. 

Choosing my top 16 and researching information about them was a bit "painful" yet fun thing since I'm exposing myself to things I've always wanted to do and to places I've always wanted to visit. It was also rather difficult to choose the final places since there are a lot of choices but it has to be done - for a starter, I believe these are all good especially if you're more interested in sightseeing and their culture. Made this not because I enjoy the pain but so I'd have an inspiration and to have something that I can look back to by the time that my trip is all set. :))


This post shall be my lucky charm and my ultimate motivator. :)) I know I can do it. See you, Korea in 2016 (or earlier if possible haha!)


If you have also been wanting to go to a place, it doesn't even have to be Korea, by looking at pictures, by researching, by adjusting your lifestyle and little by little structuring your life and thoughts around it... nothing is impossible. Every place you dream about is within reach. Hehehe. Yes? YES!! We can do dizzzz. 


When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it. - Paulo Coehlo

You Might Also Like

0 comments