Churches for Visita Iglesia in Batangas (Sto. Tomas and Lipa Areas)

Super delayed post but it's better to be late than never. Hehe. I'm trying to post all of my "worthy" backlogs so I can erase them in my laptop in order to make room for newer ones. Di ko na rin kasi maalala 'yung kwento sa likod ng ibang pictures kasi buwan na ang nabilang. Sayang. Hehehe

I went to all sorts of outings last April - June and until now, I am so grateful for everything. This trip was when I was invited to join the outing of my former church organization - Legion of Mary. Together with the active members, we went to Batangas to visit five churches there. Magbi-birthday na naman kasi si Mama Mary kaya timely 'tong post na 'to. I am not anymore an active member of the organization but I know in my heart and in my belief that I am and will always be a Marian. Sa pangalan ko pa lang na Maria, alam na. haha. Maisingit lang.
Our first church was Padre Pio National Shrine,  in Bgy. San Pedro, Sto. Tomas, Batangas.
It was very hot when we arrived there but the interior of the church was comfortable and big electric fans were available.
Red roses are for petitions; white roses are for answered prayers and thanksgiving. I offered white because I am already thankful for all the blessings I have yet to claim.
After the mass was the healing session.

"Where reason ends, faith begins."

Padre Pio also has a chapel here in Quezon City link: here.  Missing it there! We haven't gone back in months.

Sadly for this post, I have forgotten most of what had happened that day. :( Yep, even the name of the churches. But I was posting pictures in my Instagram account to geotag the photos so just refer to my account and view my IG map. 
Our Lady of Sorrows

Mama Mary is depicted in sadness and grief. Sabi nila, siya raw ang patroness ng mga brokenhearted. Ganernnn.
Are you aware of the belief that whenever it's your first time to visit a church, you are to make a wish? I probably wished for a lot things that day especially since I was then preparing for our Malaysia and Singapore tour. But as I am composing this now, my wish and hope is that I'd be able to bring my mother to Europe or Holy land so we can join a pilgrimage. This is probably the ultimate item in my wanderlust list. Someday, Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal, France. Walang impossible, kung ito ay iyong nais. :))
The joy of eating ice cream on a hot and humid afternoon.
San Sebastian Cathedral, Lipa City
The first place that came to mind upon entering this church is Manila's San Agustin Cathedral link: here.
St. Therese of the Child Jesus Parish
In this church, we also saw Our Lady of Mediatrix of all Graces
The last church for that day.
There was an ongoing wedding when we arrived at the church. Imagine the shock we caused to bride and groom when lots of people entered the church and witness their matrimony. San tayo kakain after? hahaha.
I discovered that the mere view of the mountains was enough to excite me. It's like the mountains have casted a spell on me and I must go back again and hike! Haha. Sige, bundok. Hanggang sa susunod kong akyat. ;)
Although this picture is Mt. Makiling and I probably took this on our way home already but I saw Taal Volcano from below and I was surprised that it's huge. I mean, I'm used to seeing it from above in Tagaytay ridge area but it was my first time to see it from Batangas. I really think it's more majestic when viewed up close. Ehem. Club Balai Isabel and hiking. Someday. <3

You Might Also Like

0 comments